GunVault produce a large number of quality gun safes mainly using two different types of lock, the Biometric Fingerprint Lock and the No-Eyes Keypad.
The GunVault MicroVault series consists of 2 different handgun safes. The first model is the GunVault MV500-STD MicroVault Pistol Gun Safe which is a non-biometric safe. The second model is the GunVault MVB500 MicroVault Biometric Pistol Gun Safe which is essentially the same but also has a fingerprint reader fitted.
Gunvault MicroVault MV500-STD Security Features
- The GunVault MV500-STD uses the No-Eyes Keypad to secure your firearms and valuables. This system can be programmed with any one of 12 million access codes.
- Constructed of heavy gauge steel.
- A high strength lock mechanism that has been proven to stand up to attack by crowbar.
- A tamper indicator which is a red flashing LED to show if an unsuccessful code has been input since last opening.
- Has a back up key lock just in case the battery dies. Meaning you won’t be completely locked out if you forget to change the batteries.
- A built-in computer blocks access after repeated invalid keypad entries.
GunVault MicroVault safes are also very useful when it comes to storing your firearm in a vehicle when you can’t carry. They are compact and you can secure them by using a steel cable to any seat or part of your car or truck so you can leave your firearm secured in your vehicle.
The interior dimensions of the MV500-STD are (10-3/4″ x 6-1/2″ x 2″) It also features an interior foam lining to protect your guns and valuables from wear.
Several customers have commented theres plenty of space for a 40 calibre plus several extra magazines.
As several people have found, it’s also possible to store this safe inside a nightstand drawer and it could also be mounted on a wall easily. There are four pre-drilled holes on the bottom of vault to help you with this which helps make mounting easier.
If you are storing firearms in your home there is always a recommendation to own a safe where you can lock away guns from children. This safe is virtually impossible to pry open due to such precise fittings so your children and any potential burglars won’t be able to break into it without any heavy duty tools.
For the real safety conscious among you there is a stealth mode feature which disables the low beeping noise that comes on when the safe is opened just in case you do have to access the safe quietly during a break-in.
Overall the MV500-STD is a very good option to go with if you need a compact, portable and secure safe to either store or transport valuables including firearms.
The GunVault MicroVault series are very reliable safes and come highly recommended by many satisfied users.